Self-Guided Biofeedback in Schools
What is Self-Guided Biofeedback?
- Self-Guided Biofeedback (SGB) is a painless, non-invasive technique for learning control of the processes of the mind and body.
- Instruments are used that give precise, immediate and meaningful auditory and/or visual feedback of the child’s physiology.
- SGB is used to increase relaxation, relieve pain and the effects of stress.
- SGB is also used to train awareness and mindfulness for the promotion of healthier and more comfortable life patterns.
- Each session can be fun, challenging and helpful.
How will it help at school?
- Breathing is central to calming the fight, flight, or freeze response.
- It is difficult for learning to take place when the fight, flight, or response is activated.
- Breathing properly helps to put the brain in the optimal learning zone.
- The child gains confidence and power as he learns to regulate his emotions
- Engaging students in an activity that distracts from the emotional response allows the child to access the Pre-Frontal area of the brain where logical thinking occurs.
- Suggested places for use: Counselor’s office, Nurse’s office, Principal office
- A great tool for stressed teachers
How do I get this in my school?
Counseling By Penny trains staff members & parents on SGB techniques and the use of the SGB software. Please visit CalmUrSelf.com for more information about the products and training provided by Penny Haight.
New Program Add-On:
- Train longer and more often with this huge set of fun games.
- MEGA Pack 25 Complete Feedback Games.
- More than one hundred hours of game play.
- Instead of playing normal games which leave people feeling bad, encourage your family to play Somatic Vision Arcade to improve happiness, relaxation and general well-being.
- Widely diverse games for young children, adults of all ages, and teens! Fun for the whole family!
- Easy one-button games, fun casual games, highly complex thinking games, and high energy action games, all in one, with or without Alive!
Check This Out!!
Check out Chris Shade and what he has to say about Self-Guided Biofeedback in schools!
Self-Guided Biofeedback in the School