Many insurance companies are waiving co-pays and patient responsibility for counseling via telehealth during the COVID19 crisis. Aetna and BCBS are waiving fees for some policies. Check with member services to see if your plan is eligible for waived fees.
Aetna is waiving copays on some policies until June 4, 2020.
I offer HIPAA compliant online video counseling!
You are required to create an account to use this service.
There are few things you can do to make the session more successful.
Use headphones to ease the feedback.
Wear a solid color and monitor your movement to protect the bandwidth for a better connection.
Find a place where you can have your privacy.
Call us if you do not recieve a link for telehealth.
Already have an account? Login Here
Don't have an account?
Please fill out the form below with your Name, Email Address and Phone Number and I will reach out to you. Once we have established contact I will create your account and you will receive a followup email to complete the account setup.
The account setup must be completed before you can attend a video session.
Steps for checking into your Online Video Session:
- Login to your account using the link above.
- Navigate to the calendar and click on your appointment to locate the 'Check In' button.
- Click 'Check In' to enter the virtual room where we will meet for the session.
- Locate the chat feature in the bottom right corner to communicate with me before beginning the session.
- When we are ready to begin press 'Start Session' to activate your microphone and camera.
- Your computer may show a message asking to allow the program to access your microphone and camera.
Are You Ready For Online Counseling?
- Do you have a laptop, desktop PC or Mac which is 3 years old or newer?
Older devices may struggle to run the program properly.
- Is your space equipped with a modern internet connection that is reliable?
Connecting directly to your router using an Ethernet cable for wired internet is recommended though wireless networks can work fine as well.
- Have you downloaded Chrome or Firefox to your computer to use as your internet browser?
Standard browsers such as Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge or Safari on a Mac may encounter compatibility issues with the video software as those browsers are not as up to date with modern code.
- Do you have access to a working webcam?
Most modern laptops have built in webcams which will work great for online counseling! If you have a desktop PC or Mac you may need to purchase and set up an external webcam.
- Are you comfortable navigating computer software?
The online portal is easy to navigate and does not require any training to use. However, those who find computers to be confusing or frustrating in general may not be a good fit for online counseling.